PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Year's day
Thread: New Year's day
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2020, 07:26
The name is Porter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
People are losing lives, homes, properties and livelihoods in an unprecedented and horrible fashion. Have you ever been even near a bush fire? I did say insensitive, and you've just proved it.
I don't see the distinction between uprecedented and horrible fashion and a traumatic motor vehicle accident. Tragic any way a life is lost and it will affect communities either way. I don't see the outrage when anyone loses their life on the road daily.

Have I been near a bushfire? I don't publicise what I do in these times, but yes, I attempted (and got about half way) to pick up a person and her dog from Mallacoota today. This person lost everything in the fires. I don't know her but was asked by a friend if I could help. I did it at my significant cost.

No, I'm not one of those outraged city types who haven't a clue about the bush, have never seen a drought close up, I mean real close. The devastation it causes and the human cost.

But the sad, sad fact of life is, it must go on. And some imbecile plant on facebook creating an 'outrage' over a PM taking a few days off, over a PM fighting fires, over people having the temerity to celebrate a new year is a joke. And the gullible masses fall for this garbage every time.

Manufacture outrage all you like, but what does it do? Divides people, that's what we want more of, division.