PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2020, 16:54
R.L

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flaps during a turn

Hello everyone. I’m reading the Sim profile and have a puzzle area which kindly ask for your help.

I do read somewhere ( sorry got lost, too many information on hand) that do not turn until flaps are in position, or hold the flaps until wings level. I get the idea but it seems a little conflict to the profile.

Like the one in visual approach, we should put flaps 30 and turn base when times up, but in actual, should we put flaps 30 and wait for them in position then begin the base turn, or delay the flaps until I’m level on the base (which only few seconds before my final turn).

Personally I prefer the former to buy me more room, just don’t know which one should be the one I perform in the Sim.

Also, “Arm Spd Bke” is part of PM’s procedural action during lowering the gear, or it’s a call out from PF?
And how do I know if it’s been properly armed, by looking at the lever position or there’s a message on the display?

And one last, during the descent toward MDA for VOR 17, do they expect you initiating the descent by the definition of “established“, or you have to wait until centered CDI? It sounds picky but in the profile, the timings are separate to “PM calls one dot before” and “established, descend with VS mode”. Which I’m curios that one dot should be 5° and also means established, but the profile looks like they want you descend after CDI centered.

Happy new year to all.

RL