PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Looking for advice on Global 6000
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2020, 03:42
JTF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by uberwang

Er no. The G550!and G6000 have the same top speed. Also the majority of G550s have forward galleys not aft.

the Global has the bigger cabin

the G550 is more reliable and has more range.

basically the best way to think of it is comparing a nissan with a Mercedes.. Nissan good, but it’s no merc.
Technically the Global is faster- .89 vs .885. I also believe that typical cruise speed is higher in the 6000 at .85. They both have the same long range cruise speed of .80. I did say that the 550 had the longest range. I have only seen how NetJets 50+ Gulfstreams over the years have had the galley in the back so I will admit I could be wrong on the typical gallery location. As far as the Nissan vs Mercedes comparison goes I'll have to disagree. I'd go with BMW vs Mercedes. Both have plusses over the other in other areas as well. It boils down to individual tastes. Gulfstream is definitely better at branding their airplane and selling it, but that doesn't make it better for everyone.

If I were trying to decide what to buy used for a business, I'd probably go with the 550 of the 3 based on airframe availability, crewing availability, reliability, and more access to maintenance. The 6000 and 7x are great machines with their own advantages, but operating them from those important factors that the 550 has the advantage on will simply be more difficult and probably more expensive.