PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Totals 2019
Thread: Totals 2019
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2020, 22:38
cessnaxpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dirk85
All the americans have little to brag, because we all remember not many years ago when a regional FO was making less than 20k USD gross. Less than the receptionist mentioned above.
They make more in good times, but when s**t hits the fan, furloughs and pay cuts hit much harder on that side of the pond.
And I would rather be unemployed in good old europe, compared to the states.
what’s the point of your post? The times of the low regional pilot pay in the US was definitely made worse by the supply and demand, which I think Europe is seeing now. I doubt you’ll ever see regional wages in the US going back that much. Even in a downturn.

having been unemployed on both sides of the pond, I can tell you it’s equally painful on both sides. That said, in Europe it’s often misunderstood that there is actually an unemployment benefit in the US. It’s changed a lot in Europe too. In Germany (for example) you receive a lot less and for a shorter time, than was historically received. In France it might still be the best place to be unemployed... I’m not sure. In any case, I don’t find much value in your post and I’m wondering if I misunderstood your point. I wish the best for pilots everywhere! Let us all see improvements in our profession.

Last edited by cessnaxpilot; 1st Jan 2020 at 23:09.