PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Changing cockpit bulbs
View Single Post
Old 1st Jan 2020, 13:24
Webby737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Miles Magister
Thank you Guys,

Webby737 you posted exactly what I was looking for but could not find for some reason which must be lack of ability.
AmarokGTI you posted exactly what I have always done but I seem to be dealing with people these days who are scared of touching the bulbs and engineers who do not want them to.

I do not fly any more myself, have just been advising people.

I have changed many Korry Switch bulbs but always carefully and when stationary on the ground, the important thing as mentioned above is to make sure you replace with the correct bulb. We used to call them 'Spangles' in the RAF after the square boiled sweets that only those of a certain age will remember!

MM
Happy New Year to you all !
MM, I'm glad to be of help. The fact you could't find what you were looking for is nothing to do with your lack of ability, simply the lack of training and a good example of why the AMC exists.
As mentioned in the AMC
"(a) Completion of adequate maintenance airworthiness regulation training."
In your defence, many engineers wouldn't be able to find it either unless they've been somehow involved in the QA side of things.
Like many things in this industry it's about ticking boxes and proving competence, if you (or anyone else) had changed a filament which had somehow lead to an incident or accident you wouldn't have a leg to stand on with the authorities unless you had a piece of paper stating that you had received the required training and had been proved competent to perform the task.
I know a lot of our training and paperwork sometimes seems like a waste of time but it's all part of the big umbrella that will prevent the sh*t landing on you if the worst happens !