PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Intriguing iPhone/App behaviour
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2019, 11:16
SpringHeeledJack

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
Intriguing iPhone/App behaviour

This is a generalised query, as unless others have the same app and OS the experience could well be different. So...I have a sports watch and it monitors my performance ;-) when partaking in various activities. It can link to an app on smartphones, in my case, an iPhone. Although the watch is 4 years old and there are newer models, it has worked well synching to the app. After the last OS update several weeks ago (13.3) the watch stopped syncing, well it managed 99% but would refuse to complete despite probably a hundred attempts in the last weeks. I had resigned myself to the fact that the developers hadn't bothered to write a few lines of code to allow for the OS 13.3 upgrade and was going to wait for the next upgrade/tinkering of the app in the new year.

However, 2 days ago, it decided to sync and since then has done so several times without issue. My question to the panel is, why would the successful congress suddenly take place after refusing to do so since the OS upgrade ? Nothing had/has changed. Might there have been some type of micro-update, although no main updates happen automatically in my settings ?