PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Euro market pilot saturation
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2019, 23:50
4runner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=PaulH1;10649552]
The biz jet world does give safe harbor to some really appalling aviators, or some very strange people who would not otherwise survive in a more standardised airline world. I emphasise "some"!
/QUOTE]

Having been in the training role in the Biz Jet world for some time I can say that there are also "some" appalling operators coming from the Airline world!
There are major differences between the skills required for Airline and Biz Jet operations and what is good for one is not necessarily good for the other.
For instance: operating into an airfield outside controlled airspace where a 'cloud break' from a military radar followed by a VFR leg to land on a limited length runway is required. Or flying into White Plains (New York) or Opa Locka (Miami) where a radar to visual approach is the norm. Good lookout and Airmanship skills are a must. I have flown with ex-airline pilots who did not have a clue. Some were very good though.

Yeah Opa Locka transition to visual is pure Top Gun....there’s a power like somewhere and a big lake. You should probably paint a big Okochobee sticker on the side of your plane for acknowledgement of your ace skills.