PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 30th Dec 2019, 08:32
Mr Approach

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It is satisfying to have Aunty Pru re-quote me in her blog however she claims that I failed to mention the "Standard response – but our correspondent fails to mention the vehemence with which a ‘complainant’ will be dealt with. CASA have and still do pursue ‘personal grudges’ and the CASA line to a point which can, seriously damage reputation, earning ability and even a career."
I did that because it would have moved the focus from Glenn to myself, my issues are not the problem and never will be in my posts. Having said that I agree with Aunties summation of the CASA view about "messengers" - "will be shot on sight" - to quote an old table of corporate culture. Personalities, cliques, favourites, in-crowds, old boys clubs, they are allowed to operate unchecked, to become part of one is the average employees dream. Therein lies a long career, plenty of overseas junkets, lots of time to contemplate life and eventually a rich retirement. The Aviation Industry - outside of Defence, the major airlines, and essential vote winners such as the RFDS, is just a nuisance.
To quote my executive manager when I first joined CASA - "I want to know about something if it affects a politician, will get in the media, or concerns Sydney Airport" deal with everything else yourselves!