PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BACX for sale.
Thread: BACX for sale.
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2003, 00:08
Tandemrotor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bigpants

What exactly is your problem mate?

Like it or not, big BA sold the regional scarebus operation down the river. Inspite of the fact that it was profitable!

Balpa either couldn't, or couldn't be bothered, to stop the loss of 100 or so mainline jobs.

You had the chance to stay on, but presumably are now 'enjoying' shorthaul out of CC!

Some of us decided to 'opt in', and now 'enjoy' working alongside the likes of 145qrh, and his sort, who love giving us stick from the bacx side!

Yes, for some of us this is indeed our first command, (with 10,000hrs, does that make us inexperienced?) I don't remember the scarebus arrival at brum being too different!!

We are indeed operating into LCY incredibly soon after our final check. I struggle to think of a more challenging airfield to operate into, or out of (perhaps a little more time on 'carriers would have helped!)

I have to tell you (assuming you have no relevant experience) your comments about RJ ops into LCY by BACX, have the vaguest whiff of sour grapes about them!

We would have been, indeed some ARE the very same pilots, who operated the BAR 319s!

I already said to you, I think I understand where you are coming from. It is very easy to rise to the disinformation spread, deliberately, or otherwise, comparing the BAR operation with BACX! Best to ignore it mate!

Dewdrop - I think one of the reasons prices (and advertising) policy seems a little strange, is that - from LCY at least - we are also competing with BA routes out of LHR, and LGW! Are you getting the picture!

And although I know I too should rise above it....

145qrh -

Why don't you award YOURSELF a Blue Peter badge by telling US what you are on about! If you meant to connect tailscrapes at LCY with mainline secondees, you may wish to check your stats!

So c'mon, don't just go silent on us!!