PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 29th Dec 2019, 19:28
Torres

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Climb150. It would be a fallacious argument to compare Australian aviation regulation to "some places you may have lived". I too have lived in countries where the civil aviation legislation is outdated, draconian and corrupt.

Australia is a first world democracy. I feel justified in expecting better than third world legislation. Thirty one years and well in excess of half a Billion Dollars for the atrocious half finished mess that is Australia's Civil Aviation Regulations is appalling. I've watched DCA/CAA/CASA destroy our Australian aviation manufacturing industry and our General Aviation industry. The systematic destruction of our aviation training industry has resulted in millions of dollars in lost export income for Australia.

And the latest example - the media are asking why Australia does not buy it's own large firefighting aircraft? I know why - can you imagine the cost and frustration for an Australian operator to convert and operate ex airline fire fighting aircraft in Australia, on Australian aircraft registration? Only an extreme masochist would even think of trying.

Australia deserves and expects a far more professional aviation regulator than what we have.

Last edited by Torres; 29th Dec 2019 at 23:05.