PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cargo Hiring!!!! (merged)
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2003, 23:30
freightdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well this is the reality....the FO pay is quite low and Singapore is not a cheap place to live (except if you're into the local food stalls variety...)

But where I am now, flying the 737-200 with senior Captains in their late 40's and early 50's who would still give their left N*T to fly an old banger like 747-400 even for SIA Cargo. I am for one a type of pilot who stands for the right of all pilots worldwide to fair pay and working conditions, reality: not every economy is equal and believe me there are places in this world that pay their pilots a lot less than SIA..I know it's a crime considering that they fly the same equipment and share the same airspace...

The fact remains where I am now maybe I have a shot at command in 1.5 years, pay as Captain will still be lower than a 744 Cargo FO at SIA. I do enjoy my current schedule that always brings me home to my family every night. But for them as well I have to consider the future, one day I would like to be able to work for an International carrier that pays well and gives me the time to spend with my family...(I am sure there are gigs like that....)

So maybe the 5 year bond with the 747-400 type rating is my ticket, this argument is only valid if they would consider hiring someone like me...32 years old, married and 2 children with only 2000+ total and about 700+ 737-200 time....

Do you feel lucky punk? @#$#@%$ Well do you?