PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - L3 Harris Delays
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2019, 19:22
1999PALACE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a friend in CAE who's in Phoenix and he has a 6 month delay on flying, hes flown 5 times since September when he started, He said his buddy in L3 has the same delay also. As a result, my friend is thinking of dropping out and doing a modular at Jerez, or somewhere in the UK. Having passed the stage 3 my self not long ago.

Personally, I don't think It would be viable to stay an extra 6 months because of the living costs an all (my parents are remortgaging the house, so I don't come from a particularly wealthy background but the support is really there) so I'm going to do my medical and do the fast track modular course at Aeros in Gloucester airport. It's £75k (a bit cheaper) you get the same licence and you get virtually the same support with airline interviews. Those who graduate get jobs within a year at various companies, BA, Ryanair, EasyJet and FlyBe just to name a few. Plus the living coats in Cheltenham/Gloucester are quite reasonable (in terms of a house share).

TL;DR- Yes there's a six month delay. It put me off so i'm doing modular instead.