PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B737 Go-Around tragedy. Pilot error all over again
Old 28th Dec 2019, 10:43
vilas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It doesn't matter how often you you may have practiced in the simulator (all at 1g and within the pitch limit geometry of the motion) apparently the illusion is powerful and can take some crews by surprise.
I don't think pilots are trained to tackle any illusions at all because they cannot be created in the simulator. In the simulator they are simply trained to handle the plane with reference to instruments. The somatogravic illusion of which the pilot has no experience hits him whenever the technique that is taught and practiced by him to execute a GA i.e. the pitch, power is not followed and the community comes to know through a fatal accident. I am not sure if anyone has experienced it and overcame to survive. So all that is in pilots hand is to follow correct technique and if it is not happening may be someone out of the two takes control to effect it. In FlyDubai case the copilot knew at all times what is happening and what should be done, unfortunately he didn't physically intervene.