PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Ambulance crashes at Headland Airport Alabama
Old 28th Dec 2019, 03:26
deja vu

Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts
RIP Douglas Davis

Like many other pilots I had an ECG every 6 months for many years, including stress ECGs, nothing particularly unusual showed apart from a non typical Q wave that I had all my aviation career. At 58 I was forced to undergo a full on angiogram at great expense and inconvenience if my medical was to be renewed. The report from that procedure was that I had the "heart of a 16 year old". I am sure now that this report made me feel "bullet proof"

I retired after turning 60 and 8 months later had a serious heart attack, less than 2 years after the angiogram. Numerous stents were installed followed by multiple by-pass surgery. I now take multiple medications and have limited capacity for any sort of exertion, but I'm still here, gratefully

For the benefit of others I never experienced what I believed were typical symptoms of heart disease, chest pains and the like, rather an occasional throb/pain in my throat and it seems that is not unusual. Be aware, we are all different.