PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures Mk II
Old 26th Dec 2019, 02:00
edmundronald

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Flocks
In a sim, not that long ago, in a trim runway scenario who went quit far, because it was really difficult for me to turn the wheel with one hand as Pilot monitoring, I told the PF (Who was pulling the yoke, plane was trimed nose down), that we should both have one hand on the yoke to pull and the other empty to trim, the 2 handle are always quit in "opposite" location on the 2 wheel, so I always understood it was designed like this, in some case to be used by the 2 pilots ... And guess what ! All worked really well and we were able to have the trim back in easy movable position ...
Flocks,

One of the discoveries when a magnifying glass was passed over the trim runaway training in light of some real-world incidents with the MAX is that it appears that BA "forgot" to implement correct force feedback on the trim wheels in the sims, including the NG. Due to the shrunk trim wheels implemented in the NG, the real forces required may be above what can be expected of some crews.

Another discovery is that BA has become bad at passing essential information to the pilot community.

Edmund