PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 25th Dec 2019, 14:35
Pirrex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Merry Christmas to everyone. I have a couple of questions which I can see have been asked a few times already in this thread, but not really answered since the very beginning.
Many things seems to not have changed much since 10 years ago, apart from experience level of new hires. 10 years ago it seemed to be about 2x the minimum requirements, but maybe somebody could chip in how low hours guys are standing a chance with?

I'm just on the edge of having the minimums, with 2 months to go until I have the hours to apply. Anybody been lucky enough to get an interview with a similar profile to me; 3000h TT and 2600h on 737NG?

The problem I'm having is that my company doesn't let me do the ATPL on my annual LST until I'm doing the command upgrade, and with the current delay with the MAXes that seems to be a minimum of 12 months from now. Of course I could do the LST on my own, but seems like quite a gamble to pay around 2000€ just to have a lucky shot at getting just the interview. Obviously an ATPL would be needed after a successful assessment, which I would then have no problem paying for myself. Anybody in the same boat as me, or knows something about it? Asked both of the contracting agencies already, but it didn't make me any wiser. I also don't want to apply if my frozen ATPL is no good, and then would not be able to apply afterwards again due to the rejection.