PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures Mk II
Old 25th Dec 2019, 07:55
porkflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I flew thev737 long enough to remember when it used to fall from the sky due to the rudder problem. I believe two major crashes and a few more averted by skilled pilots. It was a similar design flaw but at time there was no social media. I would say Boeing has made a terrible mistake not starting on a clean sheet with a new narrowbody aircraft instead to keep alive something designed 60 years ago. I predicted this the day I read the first time of this project
The plane remains old, challenging to fly especially in the light of degrading piloting skills resulting from absurd rules in certain
​​​regulatory environment ( EASA) allowing pilot with as low as 200 hours type rate ( and often in pay to fly environment with poor training) de facto making of it a single pilot aircraft. I remain convinced that should the crew on both cases have been more experienced and skilled in manual flying nothing would have happened. As a passenger I would be concerned about that more than MCAS.