PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why was 737NG developed?
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2019, 19:10
Denti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The -800 is relatively fast on approach, the -700 pretty sedate. I have used approach speeds as low as 108kts on that one, and Vr below 100 on departure (good thing we used an 80 call, the airbus 100 would not have worked...). However, in thermals the -700 behaves with those slow speeds kinda like a glider plane and yaws around a lot, making it kinda uncomfortable especially in the rear of the cabin or even the aft galley. That said, i simply loved the climb performance. My record with a full pax load was 16 minutes to FL410, albeit on a short sector, therefore low fuel load.

I kinda liked the fact that the EFIS was able to grow over the production run of the plane, from the compatibility view to the classic, over the classic 777 style system to the more advanced version with navigation performance scales, vertical situation display and IAN capability, as well as GLS capability out of the box. And of course the fact that it can do CAT IIIb to no DH and 75m RVR, but with an alert height of 200ft instead of the airbus 100ft, with a 25kt crosswind capability as well during autoland, not to mention flap 30 OEI autoland which is quite convenient.