PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Scariest moment in your career...
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2003, 19:39
Genghis the Engineer

Received 52 Likes on 28 Posts
More than once...

- An aircraft in flight test which was showing a strong disinclination to recover from a spin.

- Rolling inverted at FL250 in a Tucano, looking up at the ground 5 miles above my head, as something gave way in my harness and I suddenly dropped about half an inch before stopping.

- Having a pillock in a PA28 come up in my 6 O'clock on short finals in a microlight and shooting past me half a wingspan away (I started a thread about this at the time, and believe it will be in the next batch of CHIRP reports).

- Being rolled inverted in wake turbulence when I was a pre-solo Bulldog student on a UAS.

- Sat in the back seat of a Jaguar landing with a u/s nosegear light and a full 1200 litre centreline droptank - and not sure whether it was the undercarriage light at fault, or we really didn't have a locked down nosewheel.

- And routinely whenever flying as a 19 year old Cadet with a Flt.Lt. D**** T*****, the most unnerving QFI ever employed by the RAF (now long retired, and possibly dead, but his ex-students still mention him and shudder).

- Plus several other incidents which were largely due to my own stupidity and I shall keep to myself.

G