PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TUI Airways
Thread: TUI Airways
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2019, 19:53
ROC10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SWBKCB
I'm sure they will be using all their years of experience of operating a major airline to come up with some alternatives. They've had a lot more time to plan than the original MAX grounding, and they coped then.
I don’t doubt that they’re working hard on it but I still think they will struggle to deliver their current S20 programme without the MAX. They will have several fewer 757s than this year (provided they leave before summer) and fewer 738s too. They’ve had to bring in ACMI leased aircraft for several flights over the last week and this is winter (granted they are down 10 x 738 but S20 will require an awful lot more than that). I may be wrong but without the MAX, I’d expect consolidations and significant reshuffling. Of course they will be able to secure more leased aircraft but this is of course costly and often doesn’t go down well with passengers. The airlines are unfamiliar which is just about fine when things go to plan, however when things go wrong (tends to happen disproportionately more to the leased aircraft) they often go very wrong and would be difficult (not impossible but difficult) for TUI to recover.