PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US Regional Headhunting
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2019, 17:02
A Squared

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bafanguy
Hawaiian Airlines Pilot Pathway Program ? How many people can they get with this idea ?:

"Candidates hired through Hawaiian’s Pilot Pathway Aircrew Instructor program will deliver fleet and ground training to pilots while helping develop courses for Flight Standards & Qualification activities. After one year on the job, instructors will be guaranteed a first officer interview during the next available hiring period."

https://worldairlinenews.com/2019/12...thway-program/

"
I guess that would depend on who they are hiring. If they were hiring people into program who otherwise wouldn't be likely to get an interview, and there was a reasonable chance that they'd get hired, there might be some takers. The thing is, do you have a reasonable chance of getting hired as a result of your interview if you couldn't get an interview on the merits of your resume? That's hard to judge.

Also, reading the entire article, you don't get hired after a year, you just get *interviewed* after a year, you're not eligible to begin pilot training until you've been in the instructor/trainer position for 2 years.

Seems to me that if your dream job is Hawaiian, and you don't have competitive minimums, you're better off going to a regional for 2 years and adding another 1800-ish hours of 121 time to your resume and keeping your application with Hawaiian current. If Hawaiian says thanks, but no thanks in your guaranteed interview, you've just spent a year, not adding time to your resume, not maintaining currency, not climbing a seniority list, really, not doing anything that increases your chances of getting hired at your #2 dream job.

Seems like a poor gamble to me.