PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atlas Air 3591 NTSB Public Docket Opened
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2019, 07:00
Check Airman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Airbubba
The FO was apparently flying on autopilot and had called for flaps 1. There is a little pitch up on the '76 when you select flaps 1 (actually just the LE slats) but the autopilot should have handled that. But if those go-around switches or whatever they are called had been bumped I guess TOGA power would be selected when the flaps were 'out of the up position' (it's been a long time since I took the oral).

The '76 and the '75 are supposed to throttle back to a 2000 foot per minute climb as the nose comes up on the go-around. However, if you try to keep the nose down the plane thinks it needs more power and doesn't throttle back in my experience. There are subtleties and nuances on 757/767 autoflight that in some cases seem to be specific to the engine manufacturer. tdracer probably knows a lot about this.

Did we figure out what instrument panel this freighter had? It was probably mentioned in the closed thread a few months ago but I can't seem to find it. Was it the legacy 767 panel with the round dial airspeed and Trinitron CRT screens? Or a flat screen mod done on the freighter conversion?

From the CVR transcript:

Did the FO go to ALTN EFI? On the legacy panel it wouldn't affect his airspeed display it seems.
From the pictures in the report, it seemed the plane had the speed tape on the side of the ADI. I assume it’s representative.