PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atlas Air 3591 NTSB Public Docket Opened
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2019, 05:18
tdracer

Received 180 Likes on 88 Posts
Did we figure out what instrument panel this freighter had? It was probably mentioned in the closed thread a few months ago but I can't seem to find it. Was it the legacy 767 panel with the round dial airspeed and Trinitron CRT screens? Or a flat screen mod done on the freighter conversion?
Airbubba, I'm only aware of one 767 flat panel upgrade - it's the one that FedEx is getting on it's new build 767F where the six CRTs are replaced with 3 large(r) flat panels - done by an STC. I have some familiarity with the STC since they started implementing that STC in production before I retired (initially they'd take a new 767 with the CRTs, fly it somewhere to remove the CRTs and install the flat panel systems - obviously it was cheaper to just install the STC flat panels during production). If it's the same flat panel STC as FedEx is getting, the logic as to what gets displayed and where is unchanged - there are some interfacing electronics that convert the display inputs as needed for the flat panel instead of the CRTs. But the exact same information is being displayed as with the original CRTs. The standby instrumentation is also unchanged.
Afraid I can't help with the detailed autothrottle logic during a go-around.