PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - It was the night before Christmas
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2019, 02:15
Superman1

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by morno

And then there are those of us who just accept that I knew from the start that my job involves work during all hours of the day, the year, whatever.

I don’t care if someone working in an office has a great Christmas party and then gets Christmas off, I never attend the staff Christmas party anyway. That’s a benefit of their job.

I get 6 weeks leave per year and flexibility in my roster. They don’t.

What’s your point again Rated?
Exactly...!

Wow the bitterness and victim mentality is amazing....let’s not talk about the conditions you receive to do your job including additional leave and loadings and significant salary because ....you chose to be a shift worker. Others chose to be a normal office worker and cop only 4 weeks leave and probably a much lower salary than you...think of them when you take 2 months off on your European holiday next year with plenty of leave left over in the kitty.

Did you think you could still be a pilot on several hundred thousand a year, only work a limited amount of hours a week and still get 6-7 weeks leave but also only do 9-5 and no weekends??!

Yep you will work over Christmas suck it up.....just like you do the 300k pay cheque you can’t have it all!

This us versus ‘management’ people victim mentality is pathetic.