PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL...yay or nay?
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2019, 20:01
glaciermints

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PPL...yay or nay?

Hello ,

An oft-asked question on this site I'm sure! So I'm a medical student from Essex, studying in London and I'm interested in pursuing a PPL.

Bit of background- I've been fascinated with planes since I was a kid. I got really into scratchbuilding radio-controlled planes and flying them- I seriously enjoyed that. Of course the goal always was to fly actual planes, but the scratchbuilding kept me entertained for years. So I got involved with the university's pilots club, and have done a few simulator sessions and one trial flyout at Elstree, which I loved! Had I not wanted to become a doctor so badly, I would've gone into Aeronautical Engineering or something!

Sooo I'm gonna try to get help with funding the PPL, but if not, my parents are pretty happy to help and encourage it. I'm not too sure however, as I know it's a hugeee cost investment (relatively). Any advice on what I should be considering before going ahead? I would like to get a bulk of the licence done this summer as I'll have 4 months off, if not completing the license altogether.

Sorry if this is a bit vague...I haven't got too much of a plan yet as I'm just considering it, but any advice would be much appreciated!