PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures Mk II
Old 21st Dec 2019, 04:28
Bend alot

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by MechEngr
Because one day a maint crew or a hungry rodent will screw something up that has nothing to do with MCAS and Boeing will be blamed for allowing the crash that happens because pilots forget how to trim the plane in their concern for the memory items they did not memorize Having the plane tell them what to do is the only avenue left.

To be fair, the ET302 crew failed to perform the AD or follow the FCOM information or read the Lion Air preliminary crash report. None of that seems to have been learned, if they even bothered reading it. I guess the AD should have said - pedal to the metal and ignore being out of trim is bad. Is that something pilots need to have written for them? The only way out is a plane that tells them to do their job.
The FAA AD format is a disgrace and needs changing.

The first part is just useless waffle and by the time I actually get to the important stuff, my mind is far away.

Put the relevant stuff first,then the unhelpful bureaucratic rubbish last, including the cost per US aircraft and to US industry - that is not safety it is distracting.