PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures Mk II
Old 21st Dec 2019, 00:36
jdawg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Folks,
this is utter nonsense. A pilot should not have to deliberate trim runaways from activations of MCAS let alone MCAS in error. The complexity is astounding. And for what I ask rhetorically? Money. That's all. Profits.

Ask yourselves, what is the absolute safest course of action to get this bird flying again? Answer, remove MCAS as our friend up in Canada mentioned months ago and segregate the NG from the Max for a period of 5 years or so. Training and crew scheduling both. Five years. After that we can consider the possibility of same type again. But it's really not.

Will the regulators take this route ? It is the safest. I doubt it not only because it makes the Max so distant to the NEO cost wise to operate. Also, I feel Boeing may want to reserve this course of action for the next time a Max kills 200 people. This will be their last resort to give it one more shot. Someone needs to save Boeing from Boeing for Christmas this year.

Happy Holidays All!!!