PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SLF avoid travel on 737 max
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2019, 21:34
autoflight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
avoid default 737 max travel

All genuine responses have been “on message”, particularly those from James 1077, Jetman346, wheels down, Luke SkyToddler, Stickshift3000, Gliderman2 and Preemo.

My post was never intended to develop into accusations of anti Boeing propaganda, but to explore the alternatives to default 737 max travel. It is more than the company deserves, but any current anti 737 max sentiment is suppressed in this thread, and for the moment, I travel on 787, 777 and other 737 models without special concern.

I also continue to carefully drive my diligently maintained car in accordance with the law (allowing adequate time for traffic etc), trust my chosen family doctor (to a degree) and keep a good eye on those airlines with multiple serious incidents and accidents. In a life before retirement from airlines, free worldwide travel was offered by a flag carrier. I did not take up the offer due their poor safety history. Airlines that unsafely fly over warlike missile equipped areas, due to laziness, lack of research or for fuel savings are permanently on my no-fly list. So are those with ultra cheap fares that, IMHO, cannot support quality staff and robust safety.

I have considered the issue of renaming MCAS equipped 737 to avoid ready recognition by pax. While I am confident that I can personally see through such smokescreens, most SLF will not be able to do so. Without publicity, of those who last minute realise their mistake, there will only be the occasional failure to board.

Geoge Glass, rude stuff, 27/09 and Dark Knight 19 will have a lot of humble pie to consume if there is another 737 max flight control system related accident. Any surviving passengers and the relatives of the deceased will be possibly a little more upset?

On the other hand, those who inconveniently make the hard decision to avoid 737 max will sit down to Christmas dinner with their loved ones, year after year. Their only regret will be that a handful of 737 pilots had to retire early and perhaps drive a taxi at 2 am in pouring rain with drunk and vomiting passengers. I suggest that some those 737 max advocates face humiliation and financial loss. Otherwise why would they jump into propaganda mode on a thread that just seeks reasonable personal solutions. They are not simple solution seekers.