PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heathrow-2
Thread: Heathrow-2
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2019, 16:47
Navpi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you are showing a breathtaking level of naivety if you genuinely think the government will stick by this project
The are already embroiled in arguments over HS2, they are also fighting fires with Crossrail where costs are completely out of control. There will be zero appetite to get involved in something as toxic as Heathrow.

As I said previous they can claim the high moral ground having granted planning permission for the runway, but can now walk away leaving the whole ball game in HALs court. If HAL claim they want "public money " I suspect they are unlikely to get a sympathetic public hearing, they will be even more marginalised given there are now 80 new "Northern Mps" who want a slice of the investment cake now, not 30 years hence.

One other point the timeframe isn't 12 months its actually 3 years. It was supposed to be 2026, it's now 10 years away.
more sleight of hand.

I don't get any sense that David Cummings has any appetite to sign a blank cheque on LHR. Infact given he is regarded as something of a rottweiler I wouldn't be suprised if he ships the whole of the DFT up to Yorkshire !