PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kenya Airways AB Initio Pilot Recruitment
Old 20th Dec 2019, 12:03
BuzzThunder95

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Captain West
Hey for those who completed AB Initio program, How long does it take? Upon success, can someone choose between a long haul and a short-haul job?
Hello my fellow Aviators, I also did submit my application. Concerning your question Captain West, the process in KQ is, once you get checked out as a First Officer, you start out in their smallest a/c in the fleet, the Embraer (short haul routes), then you get upgraded to the 737 (short - medium haul routes), and finally to the 787 (medium - long haul routes). When you upgrade to the coveted 4-bars, you go back down and work your up again. I've had the chance to talk to one of the successful ab-initio candidates, now an F.O. with KQ, it typically took them a cool 6 months before calling guys for the interviews, during their time that is so I can't say for sure we'll be working with the same time lines, might be shorter/longer.

The interviews are pretty rigorous so I've heard so you should start brushing up on your aptitude, basically Form 1&2 stuff (Maths, Physics, a little bit of Chemistry not certain on this one though and English I bet), also heard they'll be testing Mechanical Reasoning, Shape Matching, Instrumentation/aircraft attitude, you can google these stuff.

Good luck everyone.