PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - L3 Harris Delays
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2019, 10:38
CAValright

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would rather not reveal my training location, however it is correct that the delays are not evenly distributed, with Bournemouth in general being the worst. A year or so ago, with Bournemouth already running over capacity, they took on a contract from the RAF to provide basic training there. Of course this brings in more money for the company, but in my mind doing this was inexcusable given the fact that L3 cadets i.e. their customers are paying nearly £100k and were already facing delays before the company decided to squeeze its capacity still further. It just goes to show what the priorities really are.

Others here are right to point out the problems with integrated providers, and with hindsight I probably should have done what Gonewiththewallet suggested above. You pay a bunch of money but have nothing to show for it i.e. no flying qualification until the end of the course (no PPL along the way like with modular). This effectively means that you're stuck in their pocket until you get the fATPL at the end, however long that takes. A few people I know did jump ship but that's a lot of upheaval.

The delay payments we get are welcome but nothing like what I'd be earning in a job if I'd finished on time. Other than that we just get hollow corporate apologies and promises that they are working to reduce the delays, meanwhile day to day nothing changes and they hide behind the 'subject to change' clause safe in the knowledge that we're all on the hook for £100k.