PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Afghanistan and released American documents
Old 20th Dec 2019, 10:04
racedo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BVRAAM
Perhaps I am just guilty of the superiority complex, playing the "must be better" card.

Honestly, I view organisations like Daesh (which have now established themselves in Afghanistan) to be of a lower status than vermin - because even vermin has a place within nature.
They're sub-human and deserve every kinetic action against them - I don't take kindly to armed thugs with primitive mindsets shooting up entire villages, raping women and children after murdering their husbands and fathers right before their eyes, beheading hostages in front of the camera or even burning downed pilots to death.
I justify each strike against them as one more step to saving the innocent, who are victims of their barbaric practises.

However, I don't want our country to go after them without doing everything it can to avoid civilian deaths - because then we are in danger of becoming them, and they will use that to radicalise more people. That just doesn't sit well with me.
Daesh didn't move to Afghanistan without lots of logistics support........ it wasn't a couple of guys riding camels from Syria to Afghanistan.
There is clearly lots of background support from various countries to them and has been for years.
Strange than with all the "intelligence" agencies working on it they just never seem to be able to track them down, unless of course they are doing the supporting.

I don't take kindly to armed thugs with primitive mindsets shooting up entire villages, raping women and children after murdering their husbands and fathers right before their eyes, beheading hostages in front of the camera or even burning downed pilots to death.
If your family are at a wedding / family gathering of one of their loved ones and a missile from an Aircraft wipes them out. Please explain how better are the people who did that from Daesh.

Explain it to the family members, friends and relatives of the people concerned that "Oops we made a mistake" but 30 of your relatives, friends, villagers are scattered over a huge area in pieces with many more injured. Something similar in a western country will get thousands of lines of newsprint and hours on TV, in Afghanistan / Iraq etc it gets 10 lines and minutes in the media and "we will do better next time".

Best way to prevent it happening is to stop interfering in other countries and stop the supply of money / weapons. But there is too much money to be made from it so 1000 bodies whether they be US/UK/Locals is deemed a price worth paying so someone can be a little bit richer.