PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - King Air 200 stolen in Fresno by a 17-yo
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2019, 07:24
AviatorDave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by krismiler
It's a bit concerning that anyone can access this sort of information on a smartphone by simply going to Youtube and searching for a video. I found one on how to start an A320 with a quick search.

https://youtu.be/uqKeSO6msDk

Obviously security needs to be increased as equipment such as bulldozers, excavators and railway trains which are attractive toys can now be operated by anyone who can do an internet search. Airport security is obviously of a higher standard but there would be little to stop someone getting into the cab of a train whilst stopped at a station and making off with it. In the days before the internet, information on operating equipment would have been difficult to find for someone outside of that particular industry, not any more.
So? You want to go back to the dark ages, withholding operating information for a very broad interested public and for aviation enthusiasts just because of a few nutcases?
I know then I was young and an aviation enthusiast in the pre-internet age, living somewhere in the boonies, I cursed the fact that it was so difficult to get one‘s hands on any in-depth operating information. Good that these times are gone.

Establish better and more efficient airside access control instead.