PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAS Frequency Boundaries continued.
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2003, 15:33
Chimbu chuckles

Grandpa Aerotart

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
snarek the 'educational' material says avoid IFR routes...my understanding of an IFR route is any two airfields/navaids joined on an ERC/Jepp by a blue line with track/distance/lsalt info.

Now you and I know that is a rediculous proposition. But clearly the NASIG doesn't...they must expect VFR aircraft to tack along track

I mentioned this in more than one post weeks & weeks ago. Just one more example of a badly thought out system where they are trying to bandaid fix their own f**kups.

Clearly the enroute climb and descent phase of flight is being ignored as plain inconveniant.

Yes Minister!!!!

23 years ago when was learning air navigation I was shown a RNC and told to use it as a flight planning tool as often as possible...I was told fly in controlled airspace when available...this was all described as good airmanship and showed a professional attitude.

My how times have changed!!!

Had a chance to peruse a new VTC today....for chist sake put the fu**ing frequencies back, for PPL holders who only fly occassionally it's beyond a joke. They'll now have to carry ERC as well.

Chuck