PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Takeoff flap setting
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2019, 09:05
jimmyg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe Airbus FlySmart takes in a number of performance values. Not sure if Flex temp is a primary consideration.
As per Flysmart/NavBlue:
"Takeoff performance The Takeoff module provides the necessary take off performance data that the flight crew needs on board to take off. The Takeoff module provides the following take-off performance: • The take-off performance data for a take-off at TOGA thrust: V1, VR, V2, Engine Out Acceleration Altitude, limitation codes; • The take-off performance for a take-off at flexible thrust: Flexible temperature, V1, VR, V2, Engine Out Acceleration altitude, limitation codes; • The performance limit weight (if applicable), the optimum configuration (if applicable), the optimum engine option (if applicable); • The detailed outputs: provided to the crew depending administration settings on a separate page. Example of generic parameters: runway lengths used, different V1 (min, max or balanced), limiting weights, minimum and maximum altitudes. Recommendations regarding the use of the detailed outputs are given during the Performance Administrator training."

As simplistic as it may seem; (using the software for your takeoff values), It amazes me how based on hairs on the back of my neck, because I like, it is used by professional pilots in today's highly automated environment. Gone are the days where in normal operations we go to RTOW charts for our performance numbers. Using and following performance software would seem to be a no brainier. It is interesting from a human factor how irrational to down right bat **** crazy one can be when confronted with change.

Last edited by jimmyg; 20th Dec 2019 at 10:37.