PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF575 return to SYD and emergency evac
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2019, 05:16
Foxxster

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Capt Fathom
Registered to Qantas EBC G.I.E. I wonder who owned that company?
Did a bit of digging.. these are taken from another forum ..

EBA is technically owned by Qantas EBA G.I.E. of 203 Coward St Mascot, EBB by Qantas EBB G.I.E. of L8 241 O'Riordan St Mascot, and EBC by Qantas EBC G.I.E. of L5 241 O'Riordan St Mascot. QPA-QPC are owned through QF A333 Leasing 4 Pty Ltd, and EBD comes through QF A332 Leasing 4 Pty Ltd. .

Typically financiers like large and valuable assets to be held in a specially incorporated wholly owned subsidiary which does nothing other than own the legal title to the assets being financed. That way the financiers can take a share mortgage over the shares of the holding company which owns the aircraft (in addition to taking a slew of securities over the aircraft itself). Typically when they take a share mortgage the financiers get demand a blank but signed share transfer form - which they have authority to complete if they are exercising the security. Financiers like this kind of security because they can effectively enforce in a matter of seconds rather than taking possession of the physical asset - just take control of the holding company for that asset.