PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DJ 419 ADL SYD 1500/10th Nov
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2003, 12:00
Sperm Bank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good reply fatboy. Some of these know it all Australians are an embarrasment and god only knows what they would be like to fly with. "we strive to increase the safety margins every day" What a pompous load of garbage!

Long john quite correct. There is a good deal of anymosity and we certainly never asked for it. SOME of the incumbents just cant stand the fact that something new and different is undermining their little comfort zone. Very very sad!

MOFO. decorum?? some of these guys wouldn't have a clue what it means.

Jarse, still laughing at that one. yeah mate by definition some of these gurus would have to believe that derate is not safe or professional as rated thrust.

Grange. Your point is correct but as i said, they worked out the figures for DELTA and then requested a taxy clearance for DELTA. They would not have had a clue who was where at that stage. Once going around the corner and seeing the conjestion they probably could have changed their minds but obviously decided not to. Does it really matter? The answer is nothing was saved this time round. Every time I have done that departure we have been cleared for a rolling t/o so saved plenty. It sounds as though you don't believe the performance figures from the a/c manufacturer. I do belive the figures I extract from the rwy analysis manual and as a bit of insurance, our company makes us use a temperature 4 degrees below the temp we could use (at the planning stage). If there is 1 knot of taiwind we will use 5 kts etc. All built in SAFETY margins. You sound as though you have been around a bit. You would probably also know that a fully laden jumbo rejecting just before V1 can stop in a surprisingly short distance. It will probably blow all the tyres (from the heat) but the performance is quite impressive.

Blueloo. I couldn't be bothered responding to your derogatory negative attitude.

Do people have to explain every action they take or can we just go to work for the enjoyment of it? This country is descending so farcically low into the depths of sub human behaviour it defies comprehension. Pilots dobbing other pilots in for PERCEIVED indescretions, ATC dobbing pilots in for pedantic rubbish. Where are we going lads and why do you want to go there? By all means ask valid and relevant questions but for gods sake lets keep the conversation subjective and de-identified.

To the QF pilot who emailed me regarding the bat incident in Cairns, thank you very much. Informative and to the point.