PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bell 525 Relentless
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2019, 23:23
roscoe1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EvaDestruction
To keep things in perspective, the practice of in-house DARs and others has worked fine for many long decades. Boeing and most other manufacturers have been up front and honest, and the FAA keeps a close eye and responds accordingly. It has been a practical system for many years. I'm just guessing that Bell has a similar system in place.

In this case Boeing cheated and the FAA failed to catch it. IMO the solution is to prosecute the individuals who cheated, and hopefully it won't happen again.

A larger FAA is not necessarily the answer.
Not larger, just more efficient and smarter. It is the FAA's mission statement that shows they missed this boat, despite Boeing not being forthright. I suggest you read this 2015 NTSB audit report about the FAA ODA program before you give them a pass. The FAA often ignores NTSB recommendations; I wonder how many of them in this report were complied with. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...=1576628168420

Mission

Our Mission

Our continuing mission is to provide the safest, most efficient aerospace system in the world.

Our Vision

We strive to reach the next level of safety and efficiency and to demonstrate global leadership in how we safely integrate new users and technologies into our aviation system. We are accountable to the American public and our aviation stakeholders.

Our Values

• Safety is our passion. We work so all air and space travelers arrive safely at their destinations.
  • Excellence is our promise. We seek results that embody professionalism, transparency and accountability.
  • Integrity is our touchstone. We perform our duties honestly, with moral soundness, and with the highest level of ethics.
  • People are our strength. Our success depends on the respect, diversity, collaboration, and commitment of our workforce.
  • Innovation is our signature. We foster creativity and vision to provide solutions beyond today's boundaries.