PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 17th Dec 2019, 23:16
b1lanc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TeachMe
Claims of the Max program death are I suggest greatly exaggerated. Those on PPRUNE need to remember that the Max problems are a lot more salient to those in the industry and on here than those outside of it, or those who fly a few times a year. If the airlines are willing to trust it, and are thus willing to commit to it, then most passengers will be fine with it after 6 months.

It is not that the public is ignorant, it is just that other things are more pressing. Many on here would be horrified if they knew what a doctor knows about the medical system or a professor knows about higher education - again not ignorance or bad, just that the more we know of an industry, the more the issues are salient.

I suggest the real threat to the Max is if airlines or insurance companies do not trust it.

TME
The real threat is loss of faith by the airlines in the quality of B products. If it were just the Max, it would be a tough enough challenge to restore customer confidence (safety - people aren't stupid or uninformed and the press will always sensationalize) and airline confidence (profitability - which hasn't been proven over time yet - and lack of additional crashes). But it is not. In context with the NG pickle fork and quality issues, 777X delays, 787 quality issues, KC-46 quality (and other AF aircraft - KC-46 is not unique in that regard) the industry has to be looking at the big picture - that is the aircraft that Boeing produced years ago were a higher quality product then what is coming off the assembly line now. I can not imagine the penalty Boeing would pay God forbid a re-certified Max took lives in a short period of time after recertification - regardless of the reason.