PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 17th Dec 2019, 17:51
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
568 in answer to my suggestion that some aircraft could be delivered to their intended purchasers.

MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
There may also be a problem with the insurance underwriters until "the fix" is in place.
Customer acceptance flights probably haven't taken place on the parked jets.
Indeed, the problems would be mind-bending, but perhaps not as horrific as the spectre of these beautiful hulls in say, red hot Arizona dust. It is just one possible plan for minimising a situation that must be beyond Boeing's worst nightmare.

Icarus
Quote:So how to get them there.
Flap extended, crew only ferry flights have already happened.
Yes, I am aware and agree that you had to read between my lines to see that I inferred the need to cruise normally. If the movement of one lever can cut it out, surely there must be a way of temporarily fooling the system.

Acceptance flights? Well, since they won't be flown for a while, is it conceivable the flight tests could be flown in the future at destination. I suppose the spectre of factory fixes have to be taken into account. Also, I am assuming the software fixes will be akin to an ordinary on-board download. Maybe black boxes will be changed as well. I wonder just what the fix entails.

Whatever, my notion of kind-of half-delivering some aircraft, really is not a very cunning plan but my heart bleeds for Boeing. I can feel anger but the thought of this company going down fills me with dismay. The aged design concept that is the 737 has carried a lot of people since 1967. And just as an aside, I recall a Boeing salesman in Texas telling me that Britannia were the highest utilisation airline in the world. >19 hours per 24. Just one of the little memories that stick in the mind.