PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar strike threat ‘We will sell the 787s’
Old 17th Dec 2019, 12:25
Derfred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To the best of my knowledge, Jetstar has never “owned” an aircraft, and they do not have any to “sell”. All their aircraft are owned or leased by Qantas Airways Ltd, or their wholly-owned companies in off-shore tax shelters.

Qantas can move these assets around the group as they wish, Always have, always will. QF currently “allocate” 11 B787 assets to Jetstar. They can reallocate any time.

If 3 B787’s move to QF mainline ops next year, then they were always going to.

A good CEO “never wastes a crisis”. If it was planned to move 3 B787’s anyway, they would have noticed that impending PIA was on the cards, and put that announcement in their back pocket and announced it at a time that it would appear to be the pilots’ fault - or at least a threat that some may fall for.

That they did it so early is quite surprising, it might indicate some desperation. A good CEO would have waited a bit longer. Announcing it now makes it so ridiculously obvious that only a child would fall for it.

They are obviously being advised by the same IR team who are making it the pilot’s fault if the sunrise A350’s don’t get ordered, with the accompanying media fanfare. Funny that!

The same Execs are on record just the other day telling QF pilots that JQ B787’s were earning higher ROI than QF, which is why they have to cut more costs in the current LH EBA. I wouldn’t have believed it if I hadn’t heard it myself. And suddenly this week the JQ 787’s ain’t doing so good.

So there you go. The insults to intelligence alone are staggering. You can’t believe a word they say.

So don’t. Use your common sense.

Last edited by Derfred; 17th Dec 2019 at 12:36.