PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 16th Dec 2019, 08:18
MechEngr

Received 197 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by 568
As you don't fly the type I will try to keep this comment on a level playing field.
Sensors installed on most modern transport aircraft "don't lie". That's why I asked the question regarding your comment. Systems that are not in agreement in data feeds generally provide pilot (s) "feedback" either through EICAS or by alerting the pilots through respective PFD's (or ND's) such as a horizontal amber line drawn through the respective failed modes on the PFD for LOC/VNAV/LNAV or VTK (inop FMC) on respective pilots ND.

When you consider the vast amount of users reading these posts, it is very easy to draw conclusions from posts, such as yours, that systems "lie", which may not be correct, so I wanted to clarify your post.
Was the 70 degree nose up report to the other systems true?
The AoA sensor did not electrically fail. Nothing was inoperative. It was reporting the wrong information. Is there some other term for not reporting the truth?
Since the 737 only used one AoA sensor at a time for each side, there was no way to detect disagreement and display that.