PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mt Erebus Disaster 40th Anniversary
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2019, 22:03
Paragraph377

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by prospector
One might also add that one would think our Prime Minister would be taking her information on this tragedy from her own Government Departments official Accident Report.
Now who would be pushing the Mahon version?? could it be members of an association that pressured Air New Zealand to give all their members a turn at this Antarctic flight, first time down as Captain, rather than all the advice from experienced operators to the ice who ruled that one had to do some 20 hours in the right seat before going down in command??
Now although I disagree with most things that Prospector says, you have mostly made interesting points for debate, and appear to be sound of mind.
But the above comment has come out of left field and is totally bizzare. Firstly, even though some within NZALPA might think they have powers beyond Harry Potter, they don’t. Ardern wouldn’t have made the public comment that she did because NZALPA had ownership of her, because they don’t have that level of power. Secondly, even if NZALPA were more influential than Al Capone and his merry men, why would they push her Government to make that statement 40 years on? I don’t buy it. Yes she is a politician and there will be an agenda, but I don’t believe the NZALPA are pulling Mrs Ed’s strings. C’mon mate...