PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why Does BA Have An Attitude Problem?
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2003, 07:37
newarksmells

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You think BA is bad

All;

Due to my job in the 1990's, I had over 1 million miles in my United Account at one time. That's how much I flew. Towards the end of the decade I moved to Phoenix for a new job assignment. I flew United of course.

Like many PAX, I had endured my share of delays, good flights and bad flights beforehand and believe or not...SH*T happens. The straw that broke the camel's back was when the United pilots decided they wouldn't fly overtime unless they got a new contract. In a short period of time, 3 years to be precise, United went into bankruptcy. Good !!

The reason I am telling you this is because i booked my15 year old son on a 13:30pm flight from Denver to Phoenix. He was checked in and given a boarding pass and went to the gate. There was no plane however due to lack of pilots.

He called me and I paid top dollar on about 1 hour's notice to fly him down on Frontier...different terminal, tough navigating for a 15 year old who doesn't know airports.

For that reason and that reason alone, I haven't flown United since. I don't want their miles. All I will ever remember is their worthless customer service. It was absolutely no surprise when they went belly-up; They deserved it for the way they treated their passengers. I'D fly BA anyday over United.

Newark