PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA qualified dispatchers in the UK
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2003, 06:58
Who'stheDaddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FAA Dispatch

I got my licence back in feb which I funded myself at sheffield FLL (excellent school by the way!!)......

Before my licence I applied for jobs and got the odd i/view for Ops control, FOO's etc, but never got the job.

Upon getting the licence I had many more i/views. Adverts requesting some sort of Flt planning Exp or licence and was i/viewed for every application I sent out. The interviewer was always v impressed and interested in the licence.

I am now happy working for a middle eastern airline who require their dispatchers to be FAA licenced, I wouldn't say they are few and far between but it is mainly middle/far east airlines plus the odd euro ones ie LX, KL who require FAA.

More recently GF, JL, SV, EZ, EK, Navtech, Etihad, Astraeus, Titan and All Nippon have all been looking for people with Flt planning Licences or experience.

What I would say is more important is EXPERIENCE. I mean genuine ops experience. It was something I was seriously lacking in..... before my licence i had only worked in handling agent ops depts,BD and AMM mainly as a load controller. If I had had more ops experience i.e CFMU, Flt watch, Flt Planning etc then I would have been a certain bet for some jobs.

My advice get both(Licence/Experience) Doing the licence can be good fun if you go to the right place and not worry about the cost it WILL pay off in the end!!

Incidentally did anyone hear back from EZY???