PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 14th Dec 2019, 22:27
Grebe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OldnGrounded
It seems to me that YYZjim's speculates thoughtfully and intelligently on the information in the cited article. When LO posted the link, I read it, shook my head in despair (if not in surprise) and suggested that it is important reading. I really think it is.

Whatever the details, it's hard to imagine any explanation for half of the line pilots responding "with the wrong procedures" that isn't seriously disturbing. What in the world is going on?
it would be great to get more data released because it seems to me the " correct" procedure would be different at 1000 AGL on climbout and say 200 kts versus 20 to 30 K AGL at cruise. So how much altitude loss was ' logged' before level flight ? No crash ( sim) might have been 200 ft AGL or 5 K AGL starting at 20K AGL.

And in the sim- knowing that some sort of 'emergency ' will happen, its a good bet that the adrenaline rush is much less than at night, turbulent weather, or after 3 hours of boredom for real .

Last edited by Grebe; 14th Dec 2019 at 22:29. Reason: fat fingers andspelling