PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 14th Dec 2019, 22:19
Drc40

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DieselOx

Boeing is basically stuck, all the delivered grounded planes put them in a bind. They might as well all be on the moon; they are stuck designing the fix to existing hardware, leaving software fixes only.

This might be the best they can do. I'm 85% convinced it won't fly again.
I think it will fly again but to what extent and it what configuration remains to be seen. I think I speculated in the very first post here that it would be a year but also thought hardware would be part of the solution but evidently not. I’m as concerned as anyone about the unacceptable failure rate of ML pilots in the sim. This can not be anywhere near the finished MCAS product if they expect this bird back in service.

It’s also alarming that pilots are once again (here in this forum) getting the fingers pointed at them. The sim results alone bear witness there’s something wrong with the machine, not the operator. You can debate all day about the should of, could of or what if’s but Boeing is playing 3-card-monte and trying to trick their mark. Guess we’re all the marks. Ugh!