PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Re-joiners be aware
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2019, 21:27
VinRouge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This Guard Duty at High Wycombe also makes me laugh! “Did the nasty man ask you to cover a temporary shortfall in the MPGS, ah, didums!”
Sorry, too busy enjoying decent T and C and being valued by my employer, whilst being able to defend the line as a workforce from nonsense such as the above to laugh. It saddens me tbh. It does show how far the MoD has degraded as a place of work that constant cutbacks, erosion of T and C and workplace conditions mean that this is the supposed collective mindset. Which I don't think it is. Its a shame that more "Nasty Men" aren't falling on swords or insisting on cutting output, instead insisting of keeping their gob shut and climbing the greasy pole.

As to pay rises, 20K up on previous salary, no claims that the significant extra perks (gym, health insurance, free dental, cycle to work) are a reason to abate salary/constrain pay rises and 5% up on CPI from when I moved. And no longer getting shafted by negative changes to T and C that in the mob, you have absolutely no ability to defend. It doesn't get away from MoD getting manpower for much less than what they would have to if they gotten a-another in off the street to fill the role. Each JPAN is funded through the resource budget, a set amount dependent upon rank and role; it is purely spiteful to remove something that has been earned, considering that if employed by someone else, the benefit would remain untouched.

Incorrect (again). The current annual allowance bills are being generated by the legacy AFPS75 portions. If you leave and rejoin that AFPS75 has crystallised and so will have no effect on annual allowance. Now run along and find something else to incorrectly snipe at...
So you are saying that no one under AFPS15 is liable to an annual allowance tax bill then? I wasnt talking about the bill you would incur as a result of legacy 75, I was talking what the swine will fiddle you out of, for your 15 contribution if you rejoin. Genuine question. I thought it was only MPs that managed to accrue 2.5% a year of final salary as a pension for only 13% salary sacrifice and be seemingly untouched by GAD....

Last edited by VinRouge; 14th Dec 2019 at 22:17.