PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 14th Dec 2019, 14:42
Grebe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OldnGrounded
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grebe Well- simply by pullling hard back on the yoke due to muscle memory while under negative g
I'm guessing that Grebe was visualizing the flight deck of an airplane screaming Earthward at V[max|never\whatever]. Pretty likely that the crew would be (was!) experiencing negative gravitational forces.
Groooannnn- suspect some missed my sarcasm for starters - but perhaps a bit more explanation by this SLF as to the negative g comment- For the real pilots here - please excuse me -its just attempt to clarify what I think someone missed is the frame of reference- being the pilots-crew- passenger frame .

1) As I recall, the flight recorder traces on one of the flights did show negative g due to flight path altitude change ??
2) My frame of reference was to the pilots body, positive g being what you get when you are normally pushed down towards your butt, and negative being when your motion is towards your brain or top of head while sitting.
3) If one assumes you start in level flight i/n smooth air- then 1 g positive. IF you or HAL pushes stick forward or moves elevator - stabilizer such that you rapidly start to dive, the flight path ** starts** to be circular in the vertical plane. And assuming you stayed in the ' outside' loop, pilot-passengers would be experiencing negative G- ( motion towards your head ) throughout. Just how much would depend mostly on velocity. And unless you are strapped in, you will float up !
4) Several examples come to mind - Vomit comet with a 707, etc in a parabolic flight path
A ' circular ' orbit around the earth since you- station- are ' falling' towards the center of earth, etc in a mostly circular flight path.

Nuff...