PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton-2
Thread: Southampton-2
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2019, 14:08
RW20

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TCAS FAN
Apart from the two operators previously mentioned, I am not aware which others have the taken up the SFP option.

Apart from any increased take-off weights on RWY 20 due to a combination of the tree reduction south of the runway (anyone know if this was ever completed) and the northern extension, a performance limiting factor will be the LDAs for both runways, especially with a wet runway. RWY 20 LDA cannot increase with the northern extension, RWY 02 may. That said, as I mentioned in a previous post, SOU already has slightly longer LDAs than SEN.

As mentioned in my post #1928, if not already cured, the runway drainage issue needs to be resolved to reduce the need to report the runway state as "wet/wet/wet", in order to minimise the chances of the landing weight limitations that this causes.
TCAS CAN
Excellent explanation on SOU limitations,let's hope the SOU managemet push through the tree problem South of RWY 02 and the runway drainage problem.However it's doubtful that this will be resolved,given the past track record. It appears also that given the runway extension happens,the additional take off available for RW20 is handicapped by above problems,lets hope that an airline can be found to suit the airports limitations.